Many social media platforms can communicate with each other professionally and socially. Discord is one such app, and it’s an easy-to-use and convenient way to communicate with others via internet protocol channels. It works similarly to Skype, another popular communication tool available worldwide.
Discord users may need to identify their IP addresses once logged in. There are many reasons this might happen, but the most common is to identify the IP address or chatter. If a person wishes to ban a user from chats, they will need the IP addresses. This is accomplished by obtaining the user’s IP address and blocking the offending party.
We will be discussing the most convenient and popular ways to obtain someone’s IP via Discord.
#1 Using Discord IP Resolver
This is still one of the most common methods of finding the IP address of Discord users. You can do it as described below.
- Google Discord IP solver for your device and then open it.
- Next, open Discord and click on the User settings menu.
- Select “Developer Mode” in the Settings menu. This allows you to view bots written with the Discord app.
- To view all users using bot programs or communicate with them, open the Discord dashboard.
- Right-click on the target user, click Copy ID, and the IP will be generated.
- Copy the ID and paste it into the Discord IP Resolution. This is how you get the IP address of someone from the Discord application.
#2 Discord IP Grabber
Grabify is one of the easiest ways to get an IP address from a user. The target is then lured to click on a URL that points to another site that will capture the IP address. These are the steps you need to follow.
Logging on to an account from either the Discord app or the website is required. When the IP grabr is used, the target must be available online.
The user and the target have a friendly conversation. It is important to have a friendly conversation so that the target will not hesitate to click on any link in his messenger box.
The link is sent to the target if the target is completely engaged in the conversation. The link can come in the form of a video, a picture, or a meme. The sent link takes the target to the webpage that records the IP address.
Grabify app embeds the tracking code in the link sent to the target.
You can customize the URL to make sure that the target doesn’t suspect anything unusual in clicking the URL.
After the target clicks on the link disguised, the URL is pasted onto the Results Icon. Then it is easy to find someone’s IP via Discord.
The final result will give not only the IP address but also the type and location of the device used by the target user.
#3 Use the Command Prompt
A third way to get the IP address for a target is to use the command prompt in the operating system being used, which could be Windows. The prompt will allow you to display the Discord ID and IP for all participants in a conversation. These addresses are removed one by one to reveal the address of the target user.
- All other running programs must be closed. Only the web browser can be used simultaneously.
- Open the Discord account by logging in to the browser. You can also check that the target user is online and start a conversation. This establishes a connection between your computer and the targets. Make sure the conversation is interesting enough that you can track the target from all the IP addresses the Command Prompt shows.
- To display the command prompt, click the menu button and type CMD.
- Enter the command netstat -an and hit enter. The system will generate many codes, known as TCP scripts.
- To reveal the full details of the user, the IP address of established connections is copied and pasted to the IP Graber tools.
4. Using Wireshark
Wireshark can be used to analyze the protocol of websites that are connected to a browser. You can also use this with Discord to find the IP addresses of most of the users.
- Google Wireshark can be downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Wireshark creates an account and logs the user into the system.
- Next, the user will be asked to identify the network device he uses to connect to the internet. You can choose it from the drop-down menus.
- After the network has been selected, Wireshark will display a list of IPs on the screen. You can apply a filter to eliminate the unnecessary ones by entering UDP in the search bar.
- You will open the Command Prompt on your device. The IPs that result are filtered to show the target user’s IP. This can be done using the ipconfig command.
- Start a Discord conversation with your target user. Video calls are best as they allow data to flow between the receiver and host systems.
- The user can now capture the IP address of the subject using Wireshark, as described above.
It is possible that Discord could be used by unwanted users to cause trouble or nuisance to other users. It is possible to block them by identifying their IP address.
Sometimes it is necessary to learn more about a target user while keeping it secret, and this is possible with the IP tracker.